2015 Caring Award Supporters
- Brooks Rehabilitation
- Ackerman Cancer Center
- Drs. Jeffrey & Ilene Levenson
- Jim & Donna Bailey
- Times-Union Media
- Stein Mart
- Borland Groover Clinic
- Florida Blue
- Jacksonville Bank
- Jacksonville Marriott
- Drs. Michael & Sue Nussbaum
- North Florida Community Hospice
- Acosta Sales & Marketing
- Baymeadows MRI
- Lawrence & Phyllis Goldberg
- Haven Hospice
- Hunter & Associates
- T.Ray & Joyce Lowe
- Dr. George & Mrs. Ann Trotter
- Shirley Weinstein
- Alan Berger, MD
- The Bittinger Law Firm
- DCMS Alliance
- Virginia DiGello, RN, MSN
- John W. Giehrl, CPA, SMOAK, DAVIS & NIXON LLP
- Life Planning Partners
- Metro Diner – John Davoli
- Montoya & Associates
- Platinum Cutts Unlimited Barber & Beauty
- Dr. David & Dianne Rice
- Drs. Barbara Sharp & Todd Sack
- Sunshine Health
- Debbie DeAngelo – Name Badges
- Entertainment – Working for Crazy
- “Financial News & Daily Record” – Printing
- Dan Fulmer, Fultech Solutions, Inc – Audio Visual
- Gary & Bernice Parker – Beer
- Regions Bank – Green Bike & Helmet
- Bernice Parker & Carol Stokes – Centerpieces & Flowers
- Dr. George & Ann Trotter – Wine
In fiscal year 2013-2014, the We Care network of 10 free clinics, supported in part by We Care Jacksonville, saw a total of 17,404 clinic visits for primary care. Of that number, 11,087 specialty healthcare services were performed for a total value of the donated services at $24.9 million dollars.
In preventive care, 145 patients received colonoscopies, 232 patients received screening mammograms and 163 patients received diagnostic mammograms. This signifies the ability of We Care to reach the uninsured, low-income patients for early detection. Post-care surveys demonstrate that patients have received the intended care and have less pain and suffering plus they now have a positive outlook regarding their health. One hundred percent of mammogram patients were referred for follow up care to provide early detection and case management. Nearly all patients referred for specialty services received a scheduled appointment within six months.
Many patients are called by We Care staff prior to and following appointments to assess their compliance with appointments and follow up plans.
J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver Foundation
J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver have been key donors for We Care Jacksonville. In 2007, We Care was selected among 21 non-profits in our community to receive a sizeable donation that would allow for strategic change and development over many years. Their donation led to the important emphasis of prevention for breast and colon cancer among the uninsured, low-income members of our community. An endowment was created to provide sustainability and future recruitment of donor funding.
We Care Jacksonville is extremely grateful to the Weavers for their generosity and support and the Weavers were honored with the Award of Philanthropy at the Caring Awards event in 2010.
We Care has bestowed the following awards upon individuals and organizations for their exemplary service to our community.
- 2014 Caring Awards at the Jacksonville Marriott Southpoint Hotel. Honorary Chairs were Jim and Donna Bailey. David Moomaw, M.D. received the George S. Trotter, M.D. Founders Award. Service Awards were presented to Kenneth Hagan, M.D., Jeffrey Levenson, M.D., David Moss, M.D., and St. Vincent’s Consolidated Laboratory Services.
- 2013 Caring Awards at the Jacksonville Marriott Southpoint Hotel. Honorary Chairpersons for the evening were the CEO’s of Jacksonville’s hospitals: Russell Armistead, UF Health Jacksonville; Douglas Baer, Brooks Rehabilitation; Moody Chisholm, St. Vincent’s HealthCare; Hugh Greene, Baptist Health; Jim O’Loughlin, Memorial Hospital; and William Rupp, M.D. Mayo Clinic in Florida. The Duval County Medical Society received the George S. Trotter M.D. Founders Award. Service Awards were presented to Daniel B. Lestage, M.D., and the North Florida Surgeons.
- 2012 Caring Awards at the Jacksonville Marriott Southpoint Hotel. The George S. Trotter, M.D. Founders Award was created in his honor and Dr. Trotter was presented with the first George S. Trotter, M.D. Founders Award at this year’s event.
- 2011 Caring Awards at Everbank Field- Honorary Chairs J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver. Presented with Awards of Service – Baptist Health, Brooks Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Memorial Hospital, St. Vincent’s HealthCare and UF & Shands Jacksonville (now UF Health).
- 2010 Caring Awards at the Cummer Museum and Gardens – J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver were honored with the Philanthropists of the Year Award for their transformational gift of $1 million dollars to We Care Jacksonville.